Kastav was fortified on a 365m high hill, above the Kvarner bay, on the north Adriatic coast. Nearby are the town of Rijeka (biggest Croatian seaport), and Opatija Riviera (one of the favourite tourist destinations in Croatia).
The town is a home to valuable architectural and other monuments, culture and tradition, and unspoiled nature.
Things to see:
- International festival of culture - "Kastafsko kulturno leto"
- The Guitar Festival
- The celebration of wine - Bela nedeja (first weekend in October)
- Museum collection of Kastavština
- Church of St. Jelena Križarica
- Church of the Holy Trinity